Lidl commenced trading in the UK in 1994 and currently has over 800 stores trading nationwide.
The Lidl retail philosophy centres on simplicity and maximum efficiency at every stage of the business, from supplier to customer, enabling the company to sell high quality products from a limited range of exclusive own brand and well-known labels at the lowest prices.
Lidl stores sell a limited range of carefully selected product lines and are able to offer these high quality products at low prices due to a pan European bulk purchasing policy; Lidl own a number of their key supply chains and so are able to control cost and efficiency throughout the chain. Offering this limited range gives Lidl immense buying power and allows us to keep our low prices whilst maintaining the quality of our range.
Recent Lidl awards:
- Good Housekeeping Reader Recommended 2019 and 2020.
- Mother & Baby Awards – three product awards.
- Icons of Whisky – ‘Own Brand Supermarket of the Year’.
- Wotwine Awards – ‘Supermarket Wine Retailer of the Year 2020’.
- World Gin Awards – ‘Own Brand Gin Supermarket of the Year’.
- Great Taste Awards – 23 stars awarded.