The Proposed Development
- Provision of a new neighbourhood foodstore with a (1,410 sq.m sales area).
- 145 free car parking spaces will be provided; of which 6 will be disabled, 9 will be parent and child spaces and 2 will be electric vehicle charging spaces.
- A limited range of products necessitating ‘top up’ shopping complimenting existing surrounding retailers, alongside limited offers on consumables and non-food products.
- Contemporary single storey building.
- A design that responds to the site’s characteristics, context and local built environment.
- Provision of up to 40 new jobs for local residents.
- Provision of new access road off Kings Ash Road, to facilitate access and egress into the store and potential new development to the west of the proposal site.
- Up to two deliveries per day will take place at the rear of the building away from customer activity and view from Kings Ash Road.
(Click the image for a larger view.)